Start a new topic

Tips for best getting the best playing surface

I got the Songmaker Kit about a month ago and really like it a lot.  But the two octaves were just not enough so I bought another Seaboard Block.

The new Seaboard is so silky smooth compared to the old one.  I was wondering if anyone had a good way to keep the playing surface more silky smooth without causing any damage.

1 person has this question

the seaboard sure does attract dust!  I wish there was a way to make the surface less 'sticky'.  I feel like it could help slides while playing as well....

the seaboard sure does attract dust!  I wish there was a way to make the surface less 'sticky'.  I feel like it could help slides while playing as well....

Here at ROLI we use Dettol surface wipes! It's important that you use wipes that don't contain alcohol or harmful chemicals. You can see a guide specially on caring for your Seaboard here.

I wish I could make the surface more SLIPPERY.  My fingers keep getting hung up in the rubber doing long slides, if I'm trying to maintain some pressure.

A trick we've seen a few times is using a sprinkling of talcum powder on the surface to make it more slippery! It doesn't damage the surface and can be easily wiped off with a wet wipe.

Can you please confirm the Aloe Vera and Vitamin E in the Seventh Generation fragrance free wipes won't negatively affect the surface of the Seaboard? The Dettol wipes which don't have these ingredients are not readily available at a reasonable cost in the US. (It would be helpful to also add your response to the care and cleaning support page.)

Our materials engineers have confirmed that the Seventh Generation fragrance free wipes are absolutely fine for cleaning the Seaboard and Lightpad.

Login to post a comment