The silicone surfaces of ROLI instruments are strong but can be damaged by harsh cleaning products, and for good connections between Blocks the DNA connectors should be kept clean. To keep your ROLI instruments clean and in good condition here are a few care tips:
- Dust is easily removed with either a lint roller or surface wipes. We recommend unscented cleaning wipes, such as those made by Seventh Generation and Dettol, that contain no harmful chemicals which could damage the silicone.
- The silicone keywaves are sensitive to bleach or other harmful chemicals such as xylene (bimethylbenzene) and acetone.
- Oil is easily absorbed by the silicone playing surface and cannot be removed so be careful to wash your hands after eating.
- Store Seaboards horizontally, as in their normal playing position.
- Vacuum cleaners are very powerful – don’t use them to suck up dust on the playing surface.
- Long exposure to direct sunlight can warp the silicone playing surface.
- Keep ROLI instruments away from pets. Cats, dogs and other clawed animals will cheerfully tear the playing surface into little pieces.
Help! My pet has already torn/chewed/devoured my Seaboard’s keywaves
The silicone can be replaced by a trained ROLI technician. Contact ROLI Support to arrange a repair, and we'll be happy to help you.