Start a new topic

Please run Roli Hardware Driver

I am on Windows 10 latest release and Studio Player V1 keeps asking to run the Roli Hardware driver.

I believe this is a known issue but nevertheless its a critical bug.

Capture.PNG
(1.33 MB)

31 people have this problem

Hi Peter, thanks for the report - I understand that you've reached out to our support team, so we'll continue via the support ticket you opened.

What is a Roli support driver? where do i get it? How to install Roli support driver ?

Hi Eskee,

ROLI Hardware Driver manages your connected hardware and allows ROLI Studio Player to integrate different areas of the application with your ROLI hardware devices. If you're seeing any specific messages regarding ROLI Hardware Driver, please open a new ticket with our support team who will be able to help.

Your forum would be more efficient if questions like these were answered directly on the spot. So the support effort could be reduced if you could get the direct answer to the question asked by Peter and Eskee up above.

12 people like this

Hi Christoph:

Here is the answer which worked for me in windows 10 at the time of posting:

Thanks for confirming those details for me. Could you please now try the following steps:

Quit ROLI Studio Player and ROLI Connect, and ensure ROLI Hardware Driver is not running in the Services tab of Task Manager Remove all of the following folders: 

C:\Program Files\ROLI\ROLI Hardware Driver 

C:\Program Files\ROLI\ROLI Connect 

C:\rpkg 

C:\Program Data\ROLI Connect 

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\rpkg 

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\ROLI Connect 

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\ROLI\ROLI Connect 

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\ROLI\Shared 

Re-install v1.0.6 of ROLI Connect and attempt to install & launch ROLI Studio Player

Please let me know how you get on and thanks for your cooperation regarding this issue!

2 people like this

The method above didnt work for me. 

Even uninstalling and re-installing did nothing for me. 

I find a better work around: 

Navigate to your C drive, to the program files folder and go into the ROLI folder.

From there click on the ROLI Hardware Driver Folder then double clock the ROLI Hardware Driver exe file. When it run it is going to bring up a command prompt. Pin it to your taskbar and then minimize it. 

After you should have no more issues with that error message. 

Let me know if this worked for you and also let me know if you have any other issues im just a fellow user who loves all things creative and technical.

3 people like this

Hi, I'm using an iMac with my blocks and whenever I go into hardware control it shows 0 and tells me to run ROLI hardware driver.  I have no idea what that is or where I can find it.  Can you help?

4 people like this

Hi Robert,

Please reach out to our support team who will be able to assist with this - we're continuing to investigate the cause of this issue and aim to resolve the problem as soon as possible.

If you head to C:\Program Files\ROLI\ROLI Hardware Driver and launch the ROLI Hardware Driver application from that folder, are your Blocks then detected successfully?

Hi Lawrence, I'm using a Mac and don't know how to get to the C: drive.  Is there another way to do it on a Mac.  Also is there a way to have the seaboard and light box programmed differently, what I mean is can I have the light box playing a drum sound while the seaboard is playing something else.  Another problem I'm having is when I try to configure my blocks from Roli connect It tells me that no devises are connected over USB and to try again, but I always use USB and they are always connected.  Can you help with this as well please.  Thanks.

Hi Robert, apologies for the confusion. The equivalent location on Mac is Macintosh HD/Users/USERNAME/Applications, where you should then see the ROLI Hardware Driver. If you double-click this application, are your Blocks detected successfully? If not, please do reach out to our support team.

1 person likes this

The above solution worked for me.

After searching for quite some, Kimberly's solution has worked. It appears the Hardware Driver has to be launched manually every time. It also doesn't seem like there is a way to get the Songmaker Kit features to work in the VST version, despite working quite intuitively in the full version. 

1 person likes this
Unfortunately, I can confirm both statements of Alex Ross. After starting the driver manually every time, the VST version is not working in Bitwig 3.1, no matter what I do.
Hi guys, I am currently facing the same issue after the windows update. The above method stated by Peter did not work for me, and it does show in the best version either.
Login to post a comment