Start a new topic

ROLI Connect: Install Studio Player Problem

Attempt to install ROLI Studio Player results in message: Unable to start ROLI Hardware Driver

89 people have this problem

Hi Michael,

We have prepared a set of steps as a workaround to reset ROLI Connect to a state that will allow you to download and launch ROLI Studio Player successfully. Please be aware that these steps may require any other software you've installed via ROLI Connect to be installed again, which you can do so from the ROLI Connect 'Apps' tab.

Please carefully follow the steps below, exactly as they are stated:

Resetting the ROLI Connect database for Windows 10

First, ensure that ROLI Hardware Driver is not running as a service by launching Task Manager and heading to the Services tab. If ROLI Hardware Driver is running, do not proceed with below steps

Then:

1. Quit ROLI Connect
2. Open File Explorer and head to C:\rpkg
3. Delete the 'db' folder
4. Head to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\rpkg
5. Delete the 'db' folder
6. Launch ROLI Connect and attempt to install ROLI Studio Player

Resetting the ROLI Connect database for MacOS

First, ensure that ROLI Hardware Driver is not running as a process by launching Activity Monitor and typing ROLI into the search bar in the top-right of the window. If ROLI Hardware Driver is running, do not proceed with below steps

Then:

1. Quit ROLI Connect and open a Finder window
2. Hold Alt and select "Go -> Library" in the menubar at the top of the screen
3. Navigate to /Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/rpkg
4. Delete the 'db' folder
5. Select "Go" again from the menubar at the top of the screen
6. Select "Go to Folder..."
7. Copy and paste the following into the search bar: /var/db
8. Delete the 'rpkg' folder
9. Launch ROLI Connect and attempt to install ROLI Studio Player

11 people like this

Deleting two DB folders did not help.

12 people like this

After restarting everything is OK on my PC.

1 person likes this

I've got a version of OSX Mavericks 10.9.5, and everything is running good , but Studio Player doesn't install. I didn't find the files to reset, need some help, please!

1 person likes this

Hi Loris,

I'm afraid that ROLI Studio Player is not supported on OSX Mavericks. The earliest supported version for Mac is macOS 10.13 High Sierra.

1 person likes this

Thanks for answering! I'll surely update my OS

I have recently purchased a lightpad block and was interested in using roli studio player. When I downloaded roli connect, everything was working smooth until I tried to download roli studio player. I kept trying to download it, but it either had an error, or would stop downloading mid-download. Since I have the most recent macOS software, I thought that it would be fine, but since it isn't, I was hoping that I could find some help here.

1 person likes this

This solution worked for me - Thanks

Yes. That solved it!

Not it works smooth !

Windows 10 64 bit

Thanks a lot

Roli Connect keeps telling me (Win 7) it is 64-bit which I don't have. So I can't download anything. Contacting Roli is next to impossible. Their products are great but contact and real support is non-existent.

Hi Ian, unfortunately ROLI Connect, ROLI Studio Player and ROLI Studio Drums require a minimum operating system version of Windows 10. We're sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, and please feel free to open a new support ticket and a member of our team will get back to you as soon as possible.

Hi,

Roli Studio Player will not install , I keep getting this message:

Is this because of the mac Catalina software and is there a way to get around it?

Thank you!

1 person likes this

This worked for me.

Resetting the ROLI Connect database for MacOS

First, ensure that ROLI Hardware Driver is not running as a process by launching Activity Monitor and typing ROLI into the search bar in the top-right of the window. If ROLI Hardware Driver is running, do not proceed with below steps

Then:

1. Quit ROLI Connect and open a Finder window
2. Hold Alt and select "Go -> Library" in the menubar at the top of the screen
3. Navigate to /Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/rpkg
4. Delete the 'db' folder
5. Select "Go" again from the menubar at the top of the screen
6. Select "Go to Folder..."
7. Copy and paste the following into the search bar: /var/db
8. Delete the 'rpkg' folder
9. Launch ROLI Connect and attempt to install ROLI Studio Player

another solution that solved my problem getting it working was just opening the standalone app then everything worked as a plugin just fine. but before opening standalone I got the please run driver message and it was running when I checked activity monitor. but now all is well

Login to post a comment