Start a new topic
Answered

bluetooth PIN when pairing RISE49

When I try to connect my devices with my RISE49 via Bluetooth it always ask for a PIN that I ignore. It is not 0000, 1234, 00000000 or 12345678. It appears that Dashboard does not set it.

Best Answer

Hi Juan, 

There is no PIN for the Seaboard RISE. This prompt is because Windows does not recognise MIDI-over-Bluetooth devices. 

Although Microsoft has recently introduced some support for MIDI-over-Bluetooth, it is not yet adequate for use with the Seaboard RISE. We hope to see MIDI-over-Bluetooth functionality for Windows in the future, and in the meantime we recommend connecting via USB.

Answer

Hi Juan, 

There is no PIN for the Seaboard RISE. This prompt is because Windows does not recognise MIDI-over-Bluetooth devices. 

Although Microsoft has recently introduced some support for MIDI-over-Bluetooth, it is not yet adequate for use with the Seaboard RISE. We hope to see MIDI-over-Bluetooth functionality for Windows in the future, and in the meantime we recommend connecting via USB.

I have recently been hacking away trying to get this to work on the Windows 10 platform as well.  I have run into the same PIN issues as everyone else across every forum on this topic.  For the sake of thoroughness, I worked to pair my Roli RISE49 with my Android phone and adjoin it to some of the soft synth options.  I was asked for a PIN on the Android as well, so it's not just a Windows issue.  The difference is, I plugged in a PIN of 000000 (six zeros) and it paired..  This does NOT seem to work with Windows and there is absolutely NO WAY to get around the PIN requirement in Windows 10..  It really stinks (especially for someone that has always found a way around these types of limitations in Windows).  

Alas, I just ordered a MacBook as I need to get this working for my Roland AxSynth (also ordered a Yamaha MD-BT01 midi bluetooth unit) and Roli Seaboard for a new band project playing venues with very tight quarters..  I will report back when my MacBook shows up and I get things up and running (fingers crossed)..

Login to post a comment