Start a new topic
Answered

Lightpad Blocks without Apple

I just bought the Lightpad Blocks but didnt realised I need an Apple product to work with it.

What is the best way (if any) to start using the Blocks if I don't have any apple products? (I have Windows 10 pc and various android devices)

Thanks

Best Answer

Hi Roger,

Yes, as Sebastian points out – the Lightpad Block M has the same functionality on Windows as long as you connect via USB. Hopefully connecting wirelessly will be possible once Microsoft improves their support for MIDI-over-Bluetooth devices.  

In terms of NOISE support for Android; the Google Pixel 1 and Pixel 2 will work. Our hands our tied with regards to supporting other Android devices, though. You can read more here.

Let us know if you  have any other questions!

Jay

The Noise App is available for Android. Or you can connect via USB to your PC - I use mine with Cubase, works fine. 

Answer

Hi Roger,

Yes, as Sebastian points out – the Lightpad Block M has the same functionality on Windows as long as you connect via USB. Hopefully connecting wirelessly will be possible once Microsoft improves their support for MIDI-over-Bluetooth devices.  

In terms of NOISE support for Android; the Google Pixel 1 and Pixel 2 will work. Our hands our tied with regards to supporting other Android devices, though. You can read more here.

Let us know if you  have any other questions!

Jay

Login to post a comment