Start a new topic
Answered

Roli Blocks always on - Will this damage their batteries

Hi all.

Is there any degredation caused to the batteries in having my roli songmaker blocks permanently connected via USB (via the M Block and the control and seaboard block connected via magnetic connectors) to my MacBook Pro?  I'd prefer to have them always on but want to double check I'm not going to be causing and damage to each blocks overall battery life.

Best Answer

Hi there,

BLOCKS use Lithium Ion batteries, which can be connected to a charger continuously without degradation. Also, when the batteries are fully charged the charging circuit will not charge them further, so you may safely keep them connected to your MacBook permanently.

Red

1 person has this question

Answer

Hi there,

BLOCKS use Lithium Ion batteries, which can be connected to a charger continuously without degradation. Also, when the batteries are fully charged the charging circuit will not charge them further, so you may safely keep them connected to your MacBook permanently.

Red

Thanks Red. Much appreciated.

Hi all.

Another question rises:

What is when the batteries reach their end of life?

- Are the BLOCKS working on, just only connected via USB?

- Are the Batteries replacable and if, how?

Chris

Hi Chris,

The batteries are rated for many hundreds of complete charge cycles, and when they pass this they will slowly lose some of their ability to hold their charge. 

When external power is connected – either via USB or DNA –  a Block will use that power first, so it can operate without using the battery.

The batteries are not replaceable, although if you think yours isn't working properly feel free to reach out to our support team.

Red

Thx Red,

My Batteries seem to work, but i use it mainly via USB and Win10.

Okay i see it positiv that external power overrules any battery (problems in the future).

Best of all would be of course to have them replacable, but a lot of companies don't do so any more :-(

Remember all the vintage equipment. Mostly of our todays portable equipment will not last longer than 5 years.

Chris

1 person likes this
Login to post a comment