It has been a over month since the announcement that Roli software may not be compatible with Catalina, urging us to wait for an update.
What is the status?
I would appreciate your giving us a timeframe. There are many features of Catalina that are becoming urgent during this wait.
Is this why I cannot install Roli studio player at all then? when I try to install from Roli connect, I get the error message "leveldown.node" can't be opened because apple cannot check it for malicious software."
Many thanks for your patience as we work to update our installers for Catalina, we have several devs actively working on this, but with a large number of installers (every BFD expansion installer must be updated for example), this will take a little time to complete.
Based on this, our advice is still to hold off on updating for now. However, you should still be able to install ROLI Connect on machines running Catalina if you need to update for other reasons, or have recently purchased a new machine with Catalina pre-installed.
After double-clicking the downloaded ROLI Connect dmg, I receive this message:
Then if I right-click the ROLI icon (once the disk image has been mounted) - like this:
I get this -
And that 'Open' button allows the installation to proceed.
Please note that the ROLI Connect dmg. file must remain mounted after installation in order for this workaround to function and for ROLI Connect to work correctly.
Hopefully this workaround proves useful to some, and we will update everyone once the installers have been updated to ensure Catalina compatibility.
Marcus | Creator Support Agent
Jim Harper's suggestion to bypass security settings worked for me on Catalina. I bought this for my son so waiting around for Catalina support just isn't an option.
I'm having the exact same issue as Scott in this thread, previous message. Any information on whether it can be installed?
I currently have the new mac book pro running Catalina. I have a seaboard arriving shortly.
With all the forum discussions about problems with Catalina I am very reluctant to install the software.
I have an older macbook Pro with an earlier IOS version. My thinking is to install the Roli on my old macbook pro and wait for the upgrades to be in the all clear with Catalina.
My question is will I be able to use the Roli App. on both machines or can an account only be active on one device at a time???
Oh, that is why I could not install! I have been trying to solve this for hours. I hope this issue could be solved ASAP. We are waiting!!! Thank you for your effort!
Installation has to be done via the ROLI Dashboard app with keyboard conected, thank You!
OK, it’s (nearly) the last day of 2019. Can we have an update on Catalina compatibility? I’ve the songwriter bundle and hope to order the Seaboard 49 v soon. How long until compatibility without workarounds?
Considering that the only software affected is BFD, can't you just put installers out for the software that has passed testing with Catalina OS?
Just purchased Roli Songwriter Kit for Garageband. Installed on the new MacBook Pro 16" (pre-installed with Catalina). Having issues where the "ROLI.BLOCKS.bundle" can't be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software. After this, configuration of the blocks to work with Garageband just doesn't work. I'm running into the same issue with Logic Pro. Can't install the bundles, and thus can't configure the devices for use with the software.