Start a new topic
Answered

Swam GarageBand issue

Hi, I recently purchased a number of Swam packs only to find that they are not working in GarageBand IOS. I searched your site to see if there was any information about this issue and I found a post from about a year ago with the same issue. The response was that SWAM packs require more processing power so cannot work with GarageBand IOS. Clearly this has been a known issue for at least a year yet there is absolutely no obvious information on the Pack preview in Noise that they will not work with GarageBand, why is this when they are readily available for purchase via the Apple App store directly from the very iPad and IPhone devices that I’m sure the vast majority of users also use GarageBand on ? Two questions... 1. Why is this Issue not highlighted prior to purchase ?. 2. When will the compatibility issue be resolved? The post from September 18 said you were working on a solution. I look forward to your reply..

Best Answer

Hi Brian,

In the store, the SWAM packs each note in the description that they are not available in AUv3 version of NOISE, but apologies if you did not see this before purchasing. If you aren't familiar, AUv3 is the iOS plugin format. The reason we mention this rather than GarageBand specifically is that the AUv3 version of NOISE can be used in a host of applications that support it, not just GarageBand. 

If you wish to use SWAM sounds in GarageBand projects, you could record a part in NOISE and export a WAV to be used in GarageBand. 

We would love to get the SWAM sounds working in the AUv3 version of NOISE, but the technical demands of the sounds are too high at present, and we can't give a specific date as to when this will be implemented.

Kind regards,

Marcus | Creator Support Agent

1 Comment

Answer

Hi Brian,

In the store, the SWAM packs each note in the description that they are not available in AUv3 version of NOISE, but apologies if you did not see this before purchasing. If you aren't familiar, AUv3 is the iOS plugin format. The reason we mention this rather than GarageBand specifically is that the AUv3 version of NOISE can be used in a host of applications that support it, not just GarageBand. 

If you wish to use SWAM sounds in GarageBand projects, you could record a part in NOISE and export a WAV to be used in GarageBand. 

We would love to get the SWAM sounds working in the AUv3 version of NOISE, but the technical demands of the sounds are too high at present, and we can't give a specific date as to when this will be implemented.

Kind regards,

Marcus | Creator Support Agent

Login to post a comment