Start a new topic
Answered

Keys more visible

I love my seaboard but I'd like all the keys to have some kind of white strip down them to make them more visible. 

I could use some thin white pin stripe tape but I don't know how that would interfere with the sensitivity? Would it? 

So although I'm not in love with the risk, I was thinking of painting the keys, but the question is what kind of paint is going to give me the best results.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Best Answer

Hey Tim,

Due to the nature of the silicone surface, it would be very difficult to have anything stay on the keywave, especially with the way that you stretch and manipulate the surface when playing.

The white strips (for the black piano keys) are screen printed on, and then another layer of silicone is added over the top to preserve them.

We do not recommend trying to paint on the surface, as certain paints could potentially damage the surface. Overlaying strips of tape may work, but I fear it would interfere with slides and glides, and probably come off very quickly.

I hope that helps, as I said we don't recommend trying to modify the surface in any way,  and you would do this at your own risk.

Kind regards,

Marcus | Creator Support Agent

1 Comment

Answer

Hey Tim,

Due to the nature of the silicone surface, it would be very difficult to have anything stay on the keywave, especially with the way that you stretch and manipulate the surface when playing.

The white strips (for the black piano keys) are screen printed on, and then another layer of silicone is added over the top to preserve them.

We do not recommend trying to paint on the surface, as certain paints could potentially damage the surface. Overlaying strips of tape may work, but I fear it would interfere with slides and glides, and probably come off very quickly.

I hope that helps, as I said we don't recommend trying to modify the surface in any way,  and you would do this at your own risk.

Kind regards,

Marcus | Creator Support Agent

Login to post a comment