Start a new topic
Answered

How to make an acoustic guitar sound?

After purchasing a $300 seaboard block, I find it hard to find that the Equator Player or Equator really don’t have any way of producing a realistic guitar sound that’s often advertised in videos. I’m not willing to drop another $400 bucks on Kontakt so I can just play an acoustic guitar sampler. The reason I bought the seaboard was so I (as a keyboard player) could get more expressive acoustic string sounds but it seems like all that depends on third parties. Is there any way to create an acoustic guitar sound without all of that money?

Best Answer

Hi Zachary, 

Thanks for reaching out. I recommend upgrading to the full version of Equator. This will give you access to many guitar-specific presets and the option of creating your own guitar sounds. You may mix 2 samples with analog-style synthesis or simple FM; together with effects.

Some of the available samples are: 

Nylon Guitar

Clean Guitar

Steel String Guitar

Lead Guitar

Jazz Guitar

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any other questions! 

1 Comment

Answer

Hi Zachary, 

Thanks for reaching out. I recommend upgrading to the full version of Equator. This will give you access to many guitar-specific presets and the option of creating your own guitar sounds. You may mix 2 samples with analog-style synthesis or simple FM; together with effects.

Some of the available samples are: 

Nylon Guitar

Clean Guitar

Steel String Guitar

Lead Guitar

Jazz Guitar

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any other questions! 

Login to post a comment