Start a new topic
Answered

Soundpacks in Seaboard 5D app?

I was planning/hoping to use my new Seaboard block in my live rig, and have found the perfect sax sound I need in the SWAM Saxophones soundpack. I could download that pack into Noise, but that app doesn't respond to MIDI, where Seaboard 5D does - however it looks like there are only 3 soundpacks available for that app. Is there any way to purchase a soundpack and use it in the 5D app? I can probably figure out a way to use Noise, but 5D would be preferable. 

This is important to me b/c I really really really don't want to have to use a computer onstage - currently I run my set list management and other soft synths off an iPad, which is why I'm limiting the conversation to Noise and Seaboard5D.

To that end - any plans on enabling background audio in iOS for either of these apps? That'd also optimize them for live use in combination with other apps...thanks!!

Best Answer

Hi Allison, 

NOISE is fully MPE-compatible and designed to work with the Seaboard Block, so you can be confident in getting 5D expressivity with SWAM Saxophones! 

There are no current plans to enable background audio for our mobile apps. It's a popular request that the development team have been made are aware of, so it's possible that it may be considered in a future version. 

Thanks, 

Jay

Answer

Hi Allison, 

NOISE is fully MPE-compatible and designed to work with the Seaboard Block, so you can be confident in getting 5D expressivity with SWAM Saxophones! 

There are no current plans to enable background audio for our mobile apps. It's a popular request that the development team have been made are aware of, so it's possible that it may be considered in a future version. 

Thanks, 

Jay

Cool, thanks...my main question was about the iOS app called "Seaboard 5D" (which is confusing because "5D" also describes the functionality of the physical instrument called "Seaboard"). That app only shows 3 additional soundpacks available for download, and I was hoping to hear that other soundpacks would be available for download within it, but...I fear that may not be the case? 

Have you tried running Noise inside a host like AUM? In it you can run multiple instances of noise with either Seabord or Standard midi keyboard, and access the sound packs. Unfortunately the SWAM saxophone doesn’t work in AudioUnits yet. I struggled with the Noise app and was disappointed until being unleashed in AUM

1 person likes this

Hi Kevin,

I was unaware of AUM, thanks for the tip - I will give that a whirl!!

Login to post a comment