Start a new topic
Answered

midi in

Hi, apologies if this has been asked before I'm very new (got my LP(M)'s  yesterday)

I'd like to use the LPM's as a midi control surface with virtualdj, easy enough from the device to the software but I haven't yet seen communication from the software to the device.

Example. button 1 sends the midi to vdj which turns on a video fx, while the video fx is on I'd like button 1 LEDs to blink, and return to solid colour when the fx turns off (either by pressing button 1 or turning the fx off inside the software)

Is this possible?

Thanks in advanced.

Best Answer

Hi Nick, 

Great to hear you've started using the Lightpad Ms with VirtualDJ. 

What you're asking isn't possible natively. BLOCKS are MIDI controllers so send standard MIDI messages. To customise what's received and how that's displayed on the Lightpad's surface, you may like to look into programming with Max or the Littlefoot language. 

Thanks,

Jay

1 Comment

Answer

Hi Nick, 

Great to hear you've started using the Lightpad Ms with VirtualDJ. 

What you're asking isn't possible natively. BLOCKS are MIDI controllers so send standard MIDI messages. To customise what's received and how that's displayed on the Lightpad's surface, you may like to look into programming with Max or the Littlefoot language. 

Thanks,

Jay

Login to post a comment