Start a new topic
Answered

Equator not following global tuning in Logic Pro X

I'm using the free version of Equator as a plug-in for the Roli Seaboard in Logic Pro X 10.4.2 (OSX Mojave).

It doesn't seem to follow Logic's global tuning settings. Instead, it's stuck on A=440Hz.

I found this support article

but it doesn't correspond to my version of Equator. (There is no "global tab" so I'm guessing the above article pertains only to the paid version of Equator.)

Am I missing something?

If the free version of Equator doesn't follow global tuning in Logic Pro X then this is a bug in the software and should be fixed. There's no point in providing a plug-in that is supposedly functional if it doesn't follow a DAW's tuning.

Best Answer

Hi Barrett,

Logic Pro's tuning system is for use with its included software instruments only, so Equator and any other 3rd party instruments can't be altered here.

If you'd like to adjust the tuning within Equator, you're correct in thinking this feature is only available in the full version.

I hope this helps.

Jay

Answer

Hi Barrett,

Logic Pro's tuning system is for use with its included software instruments only, so Equator and any other 3rd party instruments can't be altered here.

If you'd like to adjust the tuning within Equator, you're correct in thinking this feature is only available in the full version.

I hope this helps.

Jay

Thanks! I look forward to trying out the full version.

Hi there is no Global Tuning in the full version, dont expect that by paying for the full version.

you can manually approximate the frequency you want imprecisely in MIDI cents, as a fine tuning workarounds, but you will loose your tuning every time you switch preset..

(unless you do another workaround etc..).

Login to post a comment