Start a new topic
Answered

External power supplies (roli rise 49 keys)

Hi

i always connect the roli rise with usb. so in that case do i need any external power supply? why the roli needs battery inside?

thanks

Best Answer

Hi there, 

The Seaboard RISE charges whilst connected over USB, so there's no need for a power supply. The internal battery makes it possible to perform wirelessly by MIDI-over-Bluetooth. 

If you'd prefer not to charge your RISE via USB, an external power supply with input voltage of 100–240V AC and output voltage of 9–12V DC 18W center pin positive can be used. The measurements for the DC power input are: 4mm (outside diameter), 1.7mm (internal diameter), 11mm shaft length.  

I hope this helps, let us know if you have any other questions!

Jay

Hi Fuad and Alexandre,

The RISE is rated for 18W, so 9V and 2A will work fine (18 = 9 * 2). 

When the RISE is connected via USB, the connected USB device will provide power first, so as long as this is sufficient to power the RISE it should be OK even if the battery is not working well.

Thanks,

Red

2 amp is fine? 

Thanks

Hi Jay

1. what milliampere will needed for the adapter?

2. the battery is only for bluetooth so if the battery is out of order USB will do the job RIGHT?

regards

1 person likes this
Answer

Hi there, 

The Seaboard RISE charges whilst connected over USB, so there's no need for a power supply. The internal battery makes it possible to perform wirelessly by MIDI-over-Bluetooth. 

If you'd prefer not to charge your RISE via USB, an external power supply with input voltage of 100–240V AC and output voltage of 9–12V DC 18W center pin positive can be used. The measurements for the DC power input are: 4mm (outside diameter), 1.7mm (internal diameter), 11mm shaft length.  

I hope this helps, let us know if you have any other questions!

Jay

1 person likes this
Login to post a comment