Start a new topic
Answered

Deleting Equator Presets/Patches & Patch Change Buttons

Q1 - When you install Equator's extended preset library you end up with a number of duplicate patches, which I find exceedingly annoying. I've tried to find them on my PC without any luck. How can I get rid of them?

Q2 - Why don't the patch change buttons on my Rise 25 change the presets in the order in which they are displayed within Equator? It seems quite random to me at the moment, although I assume the patches are stored in a certain order so maybe all I need to know is how to display them in the order in which they are stored/accessed?

Best Answer

Hi Warren,

Good questions. In order to see only the presets that have been optimized for a particular device, in Equator's Preset Browser select the Device of your choice (RISE, GRAND, or BLOCKS). This will potentially hide other non-duplicate presets, so we'll be happy to look into offering filtering duplicate named presets in a future update.

The preset switch buttons send MIDI program change messages, which in Equator scroll through the playlist that's currently selected. If you'd like to demo sounds, I recommend first selecting a playlist and then using the RISE's preset switch buttons. And once you've found sounds you particularly like you may add them to a new playlist of your own.

Please feel free to let us know if you have any more questions.

Red

1 Comment

Answer

Hi Warren,

Good questions. In order to see only the presets that have been optimized for a particular device, in Equator's Preset Browser select the Device of your choice (RISE, GRAND, or BLOCKS). This will potentially hide other non-duplicate presets, so we'll be happy to look into offering filtering duplicate named presets in a future update.

The preset switch buttons send MIDI program change messages, which in Equator scroll through the playlist that's currently selected. If you'd like to demo sounds, I recommend first selecting a playlist and then using the RISE's preset switch buttons. And once you've found sounds you particularly like you may add them to a new playlist of your own.

Please feel free to let us know if you have any more questions.

Red

Login to post a comment