Start a new topic
Answered

RISE 49 + NOISE Pitch bend range issue

Hi!

I have encountered an annoying problem that I haven't been able to find anything about yet.

When I connect my Rise 49 to NOISE in an Ipad 9.7" (v5?) the pitch bend behaves strange. Most of the time it is exactly half of the movement of the finger (bending one note on the Rise equals a half note in NOISE), playing on the ipad screen works as expected. Sometimes I've had to move the finger an entire octave to bend one full note. Sounds a lot like I have to set the proper range, which I have tried using the Seaboard 5D app. When I start the apps, the range is always 48. If i set it to 96, go back to Noise, sometimes there is no change, sometimes it is completely silent, until I press for example the octave button, then it is back to one equals one half note again. When I go back to 5D, the setting is back at 48. If I set it to 12, it bends several octaves in NOISE per note on the rise (expected) but at least saves the setting when I switch between the apps.

It works as expected in the 5D app, and with all instruments on my computer including Equator.

I have now tried to reinstall the Noise app, reset the Seaboard, reset the firmware of the Seaboard, no change. I have set the range in Dashboard, back to 48 after Noise. Once, maybe one or two months ago, resetting the Seaboard in Dashboard actually helped, but now it doesn't anymore.

Any ideas?

Best Answer

Hi Simon,

That definitely does sound like a pitch bend range mismatch between your RISE and NOISE. Are you using the most recent versions of NOISE, RISE firmware, and ROLI Dashboard? If you set the pitch bend range in ROLI Dashboard to 48 and then connect your RISE to NOISE, does it perform normally?

Red

Answer

Hi Simon,

That definitely does sound like a pitch bend range mismatch between your RISE and NOISE. Are you using the most recent versions of NOISE, RISE firmware, and ROLI Dashboard? If you set the pitch bend range in ROLI Dashboard to 48 and then connect your RISE to NOISE, does it perform normally?

Red

Hi!

I tried some more and realized that 48 was the correct range for NOISE, after going to a lower value in Dashboard and then back up to 48 again, it has been stable and correct for some days now! I haven't had time to try any more now, but my feeling is that when i go up to 96 in the 5D app and switch back to NOISE, it actually stays at 96 (one half note bend per keywave), and then 5D just says 48 when I go back.

All apps and firmwares are the latest, always hungry for updated experience! :)

Thanks for your swift reply!

/Simon

Login to post a comment