Start a new topic

Modulation being adjusted when moving a parameter

Is there a way to stop the amount of modulation being applied being altered when you move a parameter?

Example - Load Init preset, turn filter cutoff all the way down, add LFO1 modulation to cutoff and turn it all the all the way up. As you then open the cutoff the amount of modulation gets reduced. If you then turn the cutoff all the way down again the modulation is reduced to the amount you opened the cutoff. How can you stop this? The modulation amount should to stay the same regardless of the cutoff position.

Thanks

mov

Exactly. And if you move the knob through the full range, every modulation is wiped from it. 

This is actually THE most urgent thing to fix on Cypher2.

ROLI or Fxpansion........ can someone please update us on this, this issue is raised in pretty much every forum I can find on cypher and there’s no update from ROLI or fxpansion. I bought Cypher2 (and Strobe) because I trusted Fxpansion. Bugs happen, that’s fare enough but at least keep us up to date on what is happening with this bug. Both cypher2 and strobe are expensive basic synths without the modulation which cannot be used as it currently works. Please provide an update on this issue.

Thanks

Hi Simon,

We're currently working on an update that will address the modulation depth issue, which we hope to release in the near future.

Hey Roli (Fxpansion) team, I hope you are all well first and foremost.

Are you able to provide us with an update on the bug for this issue please, is the update nearing completion or are we still many months away from seeing a fix? I understand it is complex and a large redesign but if you could provide some insight as to how you are getting on that would be greatly appreciated, 

All the best, Cheers 

I am deeply confused by the knob behaviour in Cypher/Strobe as seen in this video. 

Why does it stop me when I try to turn the knobs with a mouse.. always I'm hitting an ivisible wall which is changing as I move the knob back and forth.. is this a bug? A feature? 

If it is a feature why is there no visual indication of where the new Maximum value is and why am I able to suddenly break through it by wiggling back and forth? 

Also, can we please just have a mode where the knobs do what we want and behave the same way that knobs do in all other synths.. i.e. I can move it from minimum value to maximum value as shown by the knobs graphic without any "forces" being applied or invisible walls stopping me because of mod values? 

If anyone can explain if this is a bug or intended behavior I would greatly appreciate it as it's ruining a really great synth for me and I would've thought this would be fixed by now. 

Hope I'm misunderstanding.

Hi Simon, thanks for reaching out. We're still working on updates to Strobe2 and Cypher2 that will remedy this issue and introduce some other changes. Unfortunately since the pandemic situation began, this has caused some unforeseen delays and changes. We're aiming to release this update as soon as possible, and we'll let you know once this update is available.

Apologies for any inconvenience this is continuing to cause.

Login to post a comment