Start a new topic

Introduce odd time signatures and different quantise strengths

Add odd time signatures to the Noise app (eg. 7/4, 7/8, 15/16) for other genres of music that rely on electronic music components.

Add support for quantization to be swung, or shuffled, and to snap to 8/16th notes or triplets.

14 people like this idea

Yes! I feel so limited with the groove kits available.

3 people like this

I hear ya Benjamin!

Every time I pick up the app the fixed quantization strength get's me down every time.  And most of my ideas are in odd time signatures so I end up bypassing the app completely :(

2 people like this

At least a basic swing/shuffle function  (ideally per track) would give Noise a lot more flexibility. 

1 person likes this
I wanted to create a song in 3/4 time, which is a reasonable time signature that has critical mass adoption. Very sad to see that Noise does not have this support. ROLI- can you please give us a bit more flexibility with time signatures and bar counts and tap tempo. This would take Noise to the next level.

3 people like this

I am a new user, and am awaiting my iPad for running Noise. But, seriously? How on Earth can you offer people quantization before a time signature is specified? That is a fundamental setting.

1 person likes this

We definitely need quantitization improvements. Even a beginner who wouldn't know 6/8 or swing if it bit them will have problems working with the clumsy 4/4 system Noise has now. It really don't work for anything more complex than 8th notes and mis-assigns 16th notes all the time.

I agree with this suggestion - especially different time signatures - and would also add a vote to be able to create patterns other than 2, 4 or 8 bards long.
Login to post a comment