Start a new topic

Block Dashboard For IOS!

I use iOS apps almost exclusively at this point with my Seaboard Blocks and Lightpad Blocks.  A Dashboard for iOS would really help.

5 people like this idea

Have you figured out how to map the Lightpad Blocks to any other apps? I'm currently trying to get it to work with Beat Maker 3 and iMPC Pro with no luck.

2 people like this
I would love to be able to map the light pad in other apps. I bought the thing for use as a drum pad and while it’s great with noise, I thought i would be able to use it with many more drumming apps. I haven’t figured it out if there is a way.

Will need to try again but, if memory serves, the grids you load through the Dashboard app on desktop do carry through use on iOS (if you don’t go through the Noise app in between the two, as Noise takes over the grid).

So, for drum apps, the main thing is to change the octave. Otherwise, we only get four drum sounds (the last four in the typical 4x4 setup à la MPC). But if you lower the drum setup by an octave, in Dashboard, you should be able to play all 16 pads.

(Haven’t tried this in a while but it should work. If not, we definitely need a way to use Lightpad Blocks with drum apps on iOS.)

1 person likes this
@Alex that actually worked! I tried using the drum pad with GarageBand, but first changing the default octave to start at c3 and now I can play drums on GarageBand just fine. Thank you for pointing this out. I’ll have to do a some more digging to check for compatibility for other apps. I will say tho that this would be incredibly handy to change these settings in iOS. Thanks again.

1 person likes this
Login to post a comment