If you're having trouble connecting via Bluetooth to LUMI Music using your LUMI Keys, there are a couple of things you can try.
Connecting via Bluetooth must be done via the LUMI Music app. Connecting via your device's Bluetooth settings will not work, as LUMI Keys is a MIDI device.
As a first step, try quitting the LUMI Music app by double tapping the home button and swiping up on the app. Then relaunch it. This can, for some people, allow the app to re-establish a connection.
Update your LUMI Keys' firmware using a desktop computer
Performing a firmware update can usually fix the majority of issues. If relaunching the app does not work, please update your LUMI Keys' firmware by following the method below.
1. From your computer, download ROLI Connect - the central hub for all ROLI software.
*If you haven't registered your LUMI Keys to your account yet, please follow the steps in this guide: What is ROLI Connect?*
2. Open ROLI Connect and download ROLI Dashboard.
3. Open ROLI Dashboard and connect your LUMI Keys via your included USB-C cable
4. Click Updates. ROLI Dashboard will alert you if there is a firmware update available for your LUMI Keys. Just click the button to install the update.
5. Disconnect your LUMI Keys from your desktop computer, launch the LUMI Music app from your device and try to connect.
If you have an Android device, we have prepared some additional steps below which should help fix the issue.
Restart your Android device
We’ve found that Bluetooth connection issues can often be resolved by simply resetting your Android device.
1. Reset your device
2. Reopen the LUMI Music app and connect to LUMI Keys via Bluetooth.
Reset Location Services & toggle Bluetooth on/off
Resetting location services can often resolve Bluetooth connection issues. Don’t worry — we’re not using the LUMI Music app to track you! But location permissions are required for any Android app which uses Bluetooth. This is because Bluetooth can be used by Bluetooth-compatible hardware to identify the location of your Android device.
1. Go to the Android Settings app.
2. Search “Location” to find Location Services options.
3. Turn Location Services off and back on again, then open LUMI Music and try connecting to your LUMI Keys.
4. If you still can’t connect, turn Bluetooth services off and back on in Android settings and try again.