If your LUMI Keys is not connecting to the LUMI app, try the following steps below based on your device.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- iOS & Android
Connecting your LUMI Keys must be done in the LUMI app. Connecting using your device's Bluetooth settings will not establish the correct connection.
If the app is not responding, you can quit and relaunch the app to try and resolve the issue.
To quit the app, open the App Switcher, swipe up on the app, then go to the Home Screen and tap the LUMI app to reopen it.
Check app permissions
Since version 1.19.2 on Android 12+, the app requires Location and Nearby devices permissions in order to connect to LUMI Keys. You'll see these permissions when launching the app after the update.
The app will first ask for permission to Location. Tapping While using the app or Only this time and allowing for Precise is currently required by the app in order to connect to Bluetooth.
The next request is to find nearby devices. Tapping Enable and then Allow on the next screen is required for the app to be able to find LUMI Keys over Bluetooth. After allowing these two permissions, the app should have no problem in connecting via Bluetooth.
If 'Nearby devices' permission is cancelled or interrupted
If the permission is not granted, another panel will appear giving instructions on how to enable the permission manually.
If you follow the steps, you will be able to enable the 'Nearby Devices' permissions in the device settings. After doing this and reopening the app, LUMI devices should now be able to be found and connected to as normal.
Restart your device
Bluetooth connection issues can often be resolved by simply resetting your Android device.
1. Reset your device
2. Reopen the LUMI app and connect to LUMI Keys via Bluetooth.
Reset Location Services & toggle Bluetooth on/off
Resetting location services can often resolve Bluetooth connection issues. Don’t worry — we’re not using the LUMI app to track you! Location permissions are required for any Android app which uses Bluetooth. This is because Bluetooth can be used by Bluetooth-compatible hardware to identify the location of your Android device.
1. Go to the Android Settings app.
2. Search “Location” to find Location Services options.
3. Turn Location Services off and back on again, then open the LUMI app and try connecting to your LUMI Keys.
4. If you still can’t connect, turn Bluetooth services off and back on in Android settings and try again.
iOS & Android
Update your LUMI Keys' firmware using a desktop computer
Performing a firmware update can usually fix the majority of issues. If relaunching the app does not work, please update your LUMI Keys' firmware by following the method below.
1. From your computer, download ROLI Connect - the central hub for all ROLI software.
*If you haven't registered your LUMI Keys to your account yet, please follow the steps in this guide: What is ROLI Connect?*
2. Open ROLI Connect and download ROLI Dashboard.
3. Open ROLI Dashboard and connect your LUMI Keys via your included USB-C cable
4. Click Updates. ROLI Dashboard will alert you if there is a firmware update available for your LUMI Keys. Just click the button to install the update.
5. Disconnect your LUMI Keys from your desktop computer, launch the LUMI app from your device and try to connect.