Start a new topic
Answered

Cypher 2 Strobe 2 and Legacy DCAM synth squad preset packs?

Hi. I'm doing a clean install on a new drive in my Mac and wanting to clear a lot of clutter. I already own DCAM synth squad and Strobe2.

The question is, is there any great loss in not bothering to reinstall DCAMSS and just using Strobe2 and Cypher2.

Are the newer version backwards compatible with dcam user presets?

The next question is will the newer versions recognise legacy DCAM synth squad preset packs?

Thanks. 

Best Answer

Hi Tony, 

Strobe2 and Cypher2 are entirely new plugins and can co-exist alongside the old versions. They can browse and import v1 presets (if they exist on your system) using the 'Legacy' button in its browser section*

Amber (and Fusor) haven't been updated, so you may like to reinstall DCAM Synth Squad to continue using them† 

* Owing to slight differences in the synthesis engine, some v1 presets may sound slightly different.

DCAM Synth Squad is now considered a legacy product and as such will receive no further updates or support to ensure continued compatibility with modern operating systems and DAW hosts.

1 Comment

Answer

Hi Tony, 

Strobe2 and Cypher2 are entirely new plugins and can co-exist alongside the old versions. They can browse and import v1 presets (if they exist on your system) using the 'Legacy' button in its browser section*

Amber (and Fusor) haven't been updated, so you may like to reinstall DCAM Synth Squad to continue using them† 

* Owing to slight differences in the synthesis engine, some v1 presets may sound slightly different.

DCAM Synth Squad is now considered a legacy product and as such will receive no further updates or support to ensure continued compatibility with modern operating systems and DAW hosts.

Login to post a comment