Start a new topic
Answered

Cypher2 unlock button in GarageBand does not respond

Cypher2 loads fine inside Logic and connects to the licensing app, but in GarageBand it does not seem to be able to connect to it.

The plugin screen displays the "Welcome to Cypher2" dialogue, the login and buy buttons work as expected, but the "Unlock" button does nothing. Tried reinstalling a couple of times and restarting the computer, no luck.

I am running an iMac pro and macOS Mojave 10.14.1

Best Answer

Hi Ozzie, 

Due to the sandboxing environment introduced in the most recent versions of GarageBand, it's not possible to use Cypher2 (or indeed any FXpansion products) within GarageBand. It is unlikely that this will change in the foreseeable future. 

Our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

Jay

Answer

Hi Ozzie, 

Due to the sandboxing environment introduced in the most recent versions of GarageBand, it's not possible to use Cypher2 (or indeed any FXpansion products) within GarageBand. It is unlikely that this will change in the foreseeable future. 

Our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

Jay

So your saying that even though Roli advertises for a garageband kit, the addon discounted packages available with the MPE modulator are useless in the program the hardware is being advertised for?

Shame

1 person likes this

also to add that the preset locked version works. I would almost say this is a teasing bait for a potential product that will be unavailable without the purchase of a authentic DAW platform.

I love your hardware, your software has greatly dissapointed me due to the hype of modular integration, Though this Waveform 8 by traction comes with any roli hardware purchase, I feel the advertising is extremely misleading.

2 people like this
Login to post a comment