Start a new topic
Answered

Is there an issue with the v2.4.10.1 update?

Hi,

1) On my Windows 10 desktop, the update software does not update the application (only the 'dll'). The result being I cannot run the new version as a stand-alone (unless I'm missing the point somewhere).  Windows/Start/Fxpansion/Cypher2 runs the old version.

2) It would be good not to close the post advertising future updates as relevant comments like this one could then be added?

Best Answer

Hi Robert, thanks for this report. Did you update via License Manager or by downloading the installer from the FXpansion website?

Please try downloading the installer for v2.4.10.1 again, and if the issue continues to persist, try removing the current Cypher2 .exe from the following location:

C:\Program Files\FXpansion\Cypher2

Once you've done this, run the Cypher2 v2.4.10.1 installer again, which should allow the standalone to launch as 2.4.10.1, as well as the plugin.

If this is not the case, please open a support ticket and the team will get back to you as soon as possible.

Answer

Hi Robert, thanks for this report. Did you update via License Manager or by downloading the installer from the FXpansion website?

Please try downloading the installer for v2.4.10.1 again, and if the issue continues to persist, try removing the current Cypher2 .exe from the following location:

C:\Program Files\FXpansion\Cypher2

Once you've done this, run the Cypher2 v2.4.10.1 installer again, which should allow the standalone to launch as 2.4.10.1, as well as the plugin.

If this is not the case, please open a support ticket and the team will get back to you as soon as possible.

Update on the Update - it's all good now thanks, and the correct version is showing when the software is launched in stand-alone mode.

Every time I launched from Windows 'Start', Cypher2 was telling me I had an old version and needed to download a new one, but I'd already done that!  It was very puzzling for a while as the updated 'dll' was in the correct place on my drive (for use as a plug-in) but launching stand-alone from the Start menu kept giving me the older version of software.  

It seems to have required a reboot (I've got out of the habit for doing those as most software these days no longer requires that), so it took a while to spot the issue.

Thank you.

Same happened to me. It downloads the new  installer to a location specified in the  options.  If you run it from that location it seems to work  OK.

Login to post a comment