Start a new topic

Change the installation path

Have I missed something?  Is it not possible to choose the installation path?

Or even better, move it from my C drive to my D drive?

I have an SSD for fast booting on drive C and I didn't get a chance to pick where it installed.

This has caused additional issues for me because I keep all of my VST's on my D drive - Ableton won't allow me to assign 2 places for vst's, So I can't use it so far.

If I'm mistaken, then if anyone can help, it would be great - I'm new to the software, just 2 days of use.

Thanks for your time.

11 people like this idea

Please, guys, implement this function in your software. It is quite necessary for many, if not most of your userbase.

Thanks!

would also love to see this happening!

I have most of my sound libraries on an external ssd (because no storage upgrade possible on mac) so I'd love to be able to move these 3GB of awesome equator sounds to my external too.

thanks for considering, guys!

+1 This is honestly unacceptable in 2018 when allegedly "pro" laptops offer only soldered, limited capacity SSD.  A 5GB library may not seem like much to devs, but when your laptop serves multiple production purposes, sound libraries quickly add up.

Arturia, NI, Spectrasonics all allow me to keep most or all of my sample libraries on a large secondary drive fairly easily. 

For God's sake, even APPLE added the ability to relocate built-in Logic audio libraries in 10.4.2 :D

Just my plea!

Login to post a comment