Start a new topic

Change the installation path

Have I missed something?  Is it not possible to choose the installation path?

Or even better, move it from my C drive to my D drive?

I have an SSD for fast booting on drive C and I didn't get a chance to pick where it installed.

This has caused additional issues for me because I keep all of my VST's on my D drive - Ableton won't allow me to assign 2 places for vst's, So I can't use it so far.

If I'm mistaken, then if anyone can help, it would be great - I'm new to the software, just 2 days of use.

Thanks for your time.

1 person likes this idea

Equator doesn't support custom library locations at the moment. It's a good request though, so I'm up-voting it!

I would also like this feature.  My C drive is always tight. 

To Ian Gill -- To solve your Ableton problem, just put a folder shortcut to where the Roli vsts are in your main VST folder that Ableton uses.  

Thanks for the Reply Brandon, but I already have a custom folder assigned - It's to all of my vst's on my D drive :-)

I have tried, but you can't have 2 custom folders assigned.

I have NI ultimate - many gigs worth of vst's - on my D drive. I really need to swap Equators Vst's to the folder on the 'D' drive, but it defaults to C. 

It's the only software I have installed for many years which does not let you choose where it goes - not really 21st century :-)

Have a good weekend!

Ian

I know what you mean - just tried creating a shortcut and pasting in D drive, but it doesn't pick it up.

Nice try though !  Cheers!

Ian

Brandon you were right!

I have left the equator.dll file where it is on 'c' and made a copy which I placed in my 'd' drive and it seems to work. If I copied the folder, it didn't work for me, but just the dll worked ok :-)

Cheers again - have a great weekend!

Ian

It definitely works. The shortcut should be placed within your designated Ableton custom folder. You can place as many as you want... I have like a dozen of them...
Glad to see you got it working! Weird restriction by Ableton. Every other DAW lets you set as many custom paths as you want... Have fun!
Login to post a comment