Start a new topic

Useful script to unlock "push" dimension (aftertouch) in NI Kontakt

Most of Kontakt libraries uses modwheel (CC#1) to control changing dynamics of instrument (x-fade via layers of samples etc).

Here's a script for NI Kontakt that converts aftertouch (our "push" dimension) data into CC messages. I found it in audio-specialized forum:

on init

declare const $CHANNEL_PRESSURE := 208

declare const $CONTINUOUS_CONTROLLER := 176

declare const $CC_NUMBER := 1

end on

on midi_in

if ($MIDI_COMMAND = $CHANNEL_PRESSURE)

set_midi($MIDI_CHANNEL, $CONTINUOUS_CONTROLLER, $CC_NUMBER, $MIDI_BYTE_1)

end if

end on

Click on "KSP" button in the upper right of Kontakt window, click  "edit", paste this script and click "apply". Then you can save preset to use in future.

This ("declare const $CC_NUMBER := 1") lane shows CC destination of  aftertouch data, you can change CC number to any other.

I was surprised that in your video about using Kontact with Roli, the question of using aftertouch has remained a mystery. Here's the solution.

Push.jpg
(263 KB)

1 person has this question

Thank you! 

1 person likes this

Thanks Kirill Yartsev!!!

1 person likes this

Nice, thank you :)

1 person likes this
Great thanks ! However how can I alter this script so I can control this by pressure rather than slide ? Playing Kontakt’s Symphony Strings it would be so great to be able to “pressure” the modwheel if that makes any sense. Hope someone can help me ! Thanks !

"This ("declare const $CC_NUMBER := 1") lane shows CC destination of  aftertouch data, you can change CC number to any other".

If you're working with Cubase Pro (or maybe other DAW's, that has this function) you can use Note Expression tab to translate aftertouch data into expression (modwheel)

I apologize, but not being very experienced, I would like to have more precise direction for this very useful function. Where should this script be compiled? Thank you.

Massimo, can't even remember where I found it. Sorry.

Hello Massimo,

There is a script in Kontakt6 called "Transformer" which you can use for this purpose. It has a simple UI.

1 person likes this
Login to post a comment