Start a new topic

Equator Saxophone sound

The seaboard feels like it was made for an acoustic sax sound; ROLI even shows one off in their promo vids, but the only ones I can find are £200 from SWAM!

Come on Roli! Put some in

4 people like this idea

Hi Joe,

Thanks for asking about saxophone sounds. The NOISE soundpack, "SWAM Saxophones," has great acoustic saxophone sounds. We've been happy to partner with Audio Modeling to offer these sounds in NOISE at a very accessible price. As these sounds use the SWAM Engine rather than the Equator sound engine, these sounds aren't currently available from Equator. We do want to introduce more acoustic sounds, though, so please stay tuned.

Thanks,

Red

2 people like this

Unfortunately, those who buy a "Seaboard" are usually a keyboard player who hopes to play sax solos, guitars, brass, viola, cello. And it is these sounds that are not present in Equator. The instrument is exceptional but the software support is not: the sounds offered are unfortunately little usable in the productions of every day. You have to insert a lot of acoustic sounds, which are what your customers really need.

Who buys a Seaboard can not stand having to spend more money to buy professional sounds! Thanks, Marco

1 person likes this

Hi Marco,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. We recently introduced some new acoustic sounds in the "Colours of India" soundpack that we released (see https://support.roli.com/support/discussions/topics/36000003959), and we plan on introducing more acoustic sounds in the future. Thanks very much for your patience in the meantime.

Red

"Unfortunately, those who buy a "Seaboard" are usually a keyboard player who hopes to play sax solos, guitars, brass, viola, cello. And it is these sounds that are not present in Equator."

Exactly. That's me. I even took the time and trouble to install Strobe2. Its sounds were anything but high quality acoustic.

Login to post a comment