Start a new topic

how to change octave in Lightpad Block?

Hi, 

Is there a way to move octave up or down on an Lightpad Block M witout using software?  Maybe with a combination of buttons or something?

The seaboard block has dedicated buttons to move up or down but the lightpad block seems to be stuck in the range it comes by default (unless you connect it to Noise or Dashboard). 

Thanks,

2 people like this idea

Hey there,

Without using software, you might use the Live Block's octave button.

Red

I'd like to try whether using two of the edge "points" (say, the upper left- and right-most pixel) to switch octaves is feasible. But alas, the Note Grid program is right at the maximum memory size a Lightpad can swallow, so tweaking it is barely possible.

I'd also like to be able to change some settings (eg the octave) by sending (MIDI) messages to Blocks. That way I could use any of my other MIDI controllers to change Block's behavior, including the octave.

That provided we could create some nifty toolbar for Blocks in our DAW, or even automate it for live usage. Switching in the host from an Equator track to an Omnisphere track could  automatically switch connected Blocks from "full 15-channel MPE with pitchbend range 48" to "channels 1-8, pitchbend range 24" automatically and thus spare us creators from a lot of dabbling in Dashboard each time a different instrument is chosen in the host.

I am almost sure this is already possible, maybe by sending SysEx commands, but I couldn't pull it off as of yet. Would be nice to get more info about how we can talk to our Blocks.

Login to post a comment