Start a new topic

Block Dashboard For IOS!

I use iOS apps almost exclusively at this point with my Seaboard Blocks and Lightpad Blocks.  A Dashboard for iOS would really help.

54 people like this idea

Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback in this thread – it's much appreciated. 

While Dashboard for iOS is not on the current roadmap, it is on our list of outstanding priorities. We'll be sure to update you with more details once we have further information to share.

1 person likes this
I vote for this feature also. That’s almost unacceptable that you cannot configure a product sold mainly for IOS on IOS!!! I mean what is the difficulty to provide such a feature! From a technical point it is nothing. So it is clearly a will from Roli to not provide it. Really disappointing because the hardware is great...

1 person likes this

Adding another vote for this feature.  I keep landing on the fence regarding sending my Block M back... I have so much fun playing it, I just want to stop having to fight with the software to do it... 

The block has this nice light interface, why can't we change settings on it directly? This just needs some thought on how the UI would work. Since we clearly write parameters to it from the desktop app, there's certainly something to change.  Something like that would COMPLETELY change this device for me as my biggest struggle is inconsistent settings management across platforms.

1 person likes this
I’m also disappointed to find out that I can’t use non mpe iOS instruments without connecting my seaboard and lightpad to my Mac to change settings in dashboard. This seems like an extremely obvious feature for iOS, and an absolutely necessary one,

2 people like this

Bump.

I often use my Lightpad on PC with Melodics, then take it with me on the go to make music with my iPhone. So many times I have taken my Lightpad out only to find it stuck in the Melodics app mode and can only use it with Noise until I reconnect to PC/Roli Dashboard to change it to Drum Block etc. So frustrating. 

If a stand-alone Dashboard cannot be released for iOS, at least allow us more control via Noise and the ability to change Blocks Apps via Noise or simply hitting the mode button on the block.... 

1 person likes this

+1 for a proper dashboard for IOS. It is something that is long overdue - come on Roli!

1 person likes this

Dashboard for iOS is needed. Being able to adapt the Seaboard Block and blocks to instruments on iOS would make it such a better controller. The whole idea of a portable mobile keyboard is the freedom to create. Not having Dashboard available on iOS doesn't fit the "creator" philosophy of Roli. Please let us know if there are plans to make dashboard available on iOS, and when. Thanks

1 person likes this

It's become near to useless without dashboard for IOS. Just got songmaker kit and disappointed that it's not possible to change like example to single channel mode from ipad to play with instruments that not support mpe ( guitars in garageband like example).

Dashboard for IOS is absolutely needed!!

Disappointed that there isnt an ios dashboard. This is a crazy limitation on an idea that has so much potential. Noise is fine for what it is but its pretty basic at this point in its life cycle. Being able to utilize and adpt the songmaker kit across all ios apps would be a huge step forward.

Yes please. I really would like to get rid of a PC in my set-up. I have a all-hardware rig and need computer assistance only for configuring devices like the Roli. Might as well be as stealth as possible. I'm sick of Windows and won't buy a mac just for some configuration softs.

Yes please really like to have the dashboard in IOS, Got the songmaker kit yesterday and love how it works on my Mac the integration with Logic is really nice but as soon as I go to an IOS device it just feels so limited the noise app is ok but it's limited. 

1 person likes this
Yes, any update? The Seaboard Block has so much potential not just as a wonderful MPE controller, but as an all purpose portable iOS midi keyboard. For that we need to be able to set it up for single channel, and to piano mode within iOS itself. It’s not as much of an issue for people who have a laptop/desktop where they make their iOS music. But many of us don’t - not just when we are on the go, but some of us use iOS only at home.

3 people like this
Hi, Is there any update if the block dashboard is coming to IOS? Even just a block set up option would really be appreciated so we don't have to go between iPad/iPhone to Mac to set them up. Thanks .

1 person likes this
Yes! PLEASE make more iOS / mobile-ready features, including an iOS or Web-App version of the Dashboard. I exclusively use my iPad for everything (don’t even own a computer anymore) and would love to see ROLI take full advantage of what can be created solely on mobile.

Just chiming in:  yes, I would love to be able to use (and recommend) the seaboard block with iOS.  There's only so much you can do with Noise.  Otherwise, it's hard to recommend the $300 S/B controller over say a mini from Akai or Korg.

Demo iOS blocks dashboard with an iPad - in that "it just works with all your other apps" -  and you can probably eat Teenage Engineering's lunch (vs those OP-* mobile things)

1 person likes this
Login to post a comment