Start a new topic

Chorder/Harmonizer: Improved Way to Play Chords Using Lightpad Blocks

Playing chords using Lightpad blocks can be rather difficult. The Noise app does have a chord mode, but what’s produced are parallel block chords, all of the same type. On the desktop, there are some plugins or standalone software to transform note combinations into all sorts of chords and arpeggios (one note acting as almost a modifier key for the chord).

It’d make sense to have something like this on iOS. It could even work with two Lightpad blocks with one serving to change chords and the other Lightpad (or a Seaboard) to play the notes, a bit like a guitar or accordion. That way, complex chord structures (spanning multiple octaves) could be played much more easily.

14 people like this idea

Please, so much this! 

The current "chords" feature is not really much handy without the possibility to lock to key.

Feels like the work is mostly done, just needs the extra bit of recognising the current key the song is in :)
(maybe make the scale settings global?)

5 people like this
Big Feqture request please. The merged topic 'switch chords mid recording' would massively improve the noise app. At the moment you can practice changing chords using the live block, but as soon as you record it only records the note from the lightblock, not the chord changes. This instantly limits noise as you cannot record your movements for chords, arpegiator changes or FX. Please add these features to make noise a viable stand alone creative application. The sounds, effects and gesture controls are brilliantly expressive. But without the ability to record them, they are slightly wasted.

1 person likes this
It would be great if the chords built in Noise could follow the selected key... for example changing from major to minor triad based on root note of the chord within the selected key.

1 person likes this

My use-case is using the Roli Lightpad to play scales and chords on the Teenage Engineering OP-Z. 

The context is coffee shop jamming. I don't want to have my laptop open. And using the Lightpad with the OP-Z is a very nice mobile setup.

The only way I can do this currently, so far as I can tell, is to connect the Lightpad to my MacBook and use the ROLI Dashboard to select the scale type and transpose the root note.

I want to be able to select the key and scale without using the Dashboard app.

Two options would work for me.

1. Being able to select the key and scale using the Lightpad itself, similar to how you can do it with the Korg Nanopad.

2. Have the OP-Z send midi cc to the Roli to change the Key and Scale.

Thanks!

1 person likes this
Login to post a comment