Here are some error messages you might receive from Windows:
When opening the installer:
“Windows SmartScreen prevented an unrecognised app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk.”
You can dismiss this security message by clicking “more info” on the message then the “run anyway” button. Now the installation will continue as normal. Get more information in this article.
During the installation of Equator in Windows:
“Source File Not Found. Validate that the file exists and that you can access it.”
The ROLI software bundles are downloaded as zip files. When installing software from a zip file in Windows, you need to extract all of the files from the zip folder before attempting to run the installer.
This can be a little confusing because Windows helpfully allows you to preview the contents of a zipped folder before extracting, but attempting to run an installer at that point gives you a message about security or access like this one: "Source File Not Found. Validate that the file exists and that you can access it."
To avoid this error, just unzip the full folder before double-clicking the installer.
- Right-click on the downloaded bundle’s zip file and click on Extract all.
- This will create a folder next to the zip file, which contains the unzipped items.
- Double-click the installer inside that folder to begin the installation. Delete the original zip file, as you no longer need it.
When opening ROLI Dashboard as a non-admin user in Windows:
“The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.”
On a Windows machine with multiple user accounts, you might see the following error message when the shortcut for ROLI Dashboard is accessed from the non-admin account: “The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable”
This is because the shortcut that is automatically created tries to access the cached installer file rather than the application itself.
You can fix this by installing from the admin side and creating a new shortcut in the non-admin side. Please follow the steps below:
- Install ROLI Dashboard while logged into an admin account.
- Logout of the admin account and log into your non-admin account.
- Use Windows File Explorer to navigate to C:/Program Files (x86)/ROLI/ROLI Dashboard/
- In this folder you’ll find a file called “ROLI Dashboard.exe”
- Right-click on “ROLI Dashboard.exe” and select “Create shortcut”
- You will be prompted to create a shortcut on the desktop. Select “Yes”.
- A new shortcut will be added to your desktop which will allow you to launch ROLI Dashboard.
Problems connecting via Bluetooth
Although Windows has recently introduced some support for MIDI-over-Bluetooth, it is not yet adequate for use with the RISE or BLOCKS. We hope to see MIDI-over-Bluetooth functionality for Windows in the future, and in the meantime we recommend connecting via USB.
I am receiving a different error message not listed here.
Please contact the ROLI Support Team for further instructions. Click to access the Support Request Form.