You receive the message 'No preset at...' in Equator.
In more detail
If the GRAND's SoundDial or RISE's Preset Switch are used to navigate an Equator playlist with fewer presets than their value range – i.e., fewer than 48 for the GRAND's SoundDial and fewer than 127 for the RISE's Preset Switch – you may reach a preset position value with no available preset.
You'll see the following message displayed:
How to resolve the 'No preset...' message
- Connect your Seaboard to a compatible computer with the Seaboard software bundle downloaded and installed, and switch your Seaboard on
- Launch ROLI Dashboard and navigate to the ☰ menu in the upper right corner of your window
- Click on the 'Reset' button next to 'My Seaboard' – this will perform a hardware reset on your Seaboard, which will return all hardware controllers to their original values, including the SoundDial/Preset Switch
If you don't have access to ROLI Dashboard:
- RISE: Reset the Preset Switch manually by clicking on the left-hand arrow until it is blacked out – this will bring the Preset Switch's current value to 0, its lowest value.
- GRAND: Reset the SoundDial by twisting the rim until both the preset and bank LED indicators are at the top of the SoundDial's rim.
How to avoid the 'No preset...' message
To avoid receiving this message, you can make your own playlists and populate them with your favorite presets. As long as you completely fill the playlist, you won't ever receive this message.
To create and use a new playlist:
- Go into Equator's Preset Browser – to do this, you can either:
- click on the preset name at the top center of Equator's window (as below); or
- go to Equator's ☰ menu on the top right corner and select 'Browse...'
- Click on the 'Playlists' button to present the Playlists panel
- Click on the '+' icon to create a new playlist
- Name the playlist and drag and drop presets into the playlist's preset slots in the desired order
- Use your SoundDial or Preset Switch to navigate quickly between your favourite presets!
- Click on the 'backspace' icon to delete the playlist and the 'pencil' icon to edit the playlist name