This guide will show you how to add your LUMI Keys to Bitwig Studio, add ROLI Studio Player as a plugin and also enable MPE to use the expressive per-note pitchbend and aftertouch that LUMI Keys offers.
Setting up LUMI Keys
1. Open Bitwig Studio and create a new project.
2. Click on the Dashboard button at the top of the screen.
3. Select Settings > Controllers and click "Add Controller".
4. Choose "Generic" from the Hardware Vendor section and "MIDI Keyboard" from the Product menu.
5. Click "Add" to add the LUMI Keys as a MIDI keyboard in Bitwig Studio.
6. To use the ROLI Studio Player plugin with LUMI Keys, create a new instrument track by right-clicking anywhere in the Arrange space and choosing "Add Instrument Track".
7. In the Browser panel, search for "ROLI Studio Player".
8. Drag and drop the ROLI Studio Player plugin onto the instrument track in Bitwig Studio.
9. Finally, to enable MPE (Multidimensional Polyphonic Expression) in Bitwig Studio, click or double-click on the ROLI Studio Player track you just created.
10. Next to "Use MPE", click "MPE" to enable MPE in Bitwig Studio.
Now you will have your LUMI Keys connected to Bitwig Studio and will be able to use the expressive per-note pitchbend and aftertouch with ROLI Studio Player.
If you have any questions or feedback, please let us know by contacting the Support Team here.