This guide will explain how to connect the Seaboard RISE 2 with GarageBand and how to find any ROLI software instrument as a plugin.
1. First, turn on your RISE 2 and connect it to your computer using a USB cable or via Bluetooth.
2. Download and install ROLI Dashboard from ROLI Connect. This software allows you to customize and configure your RISE 2.
3. Open GarageBand on your Mac and create a new project.
4. In GarageBand, go to the "GarageBand" menu and select "Settings" (or "Preferences").
5. In the "Audio/MIDI" tab, make sure that your RISE 2 is recognised as the MIDI input device.
6. Back in GarageBand, click on the "+" button to create a new track.
7. In the "New Track" window, select "Software Instrument" and click "Create".
8. In the Smart Controls area at the bottom, click the arrow next to "Plug-ins".
9. In the plug-ins area that appears, click the arrow icons on the right-hand side of the slot.
10. From the "AU Instruments" list that opens, select "ROLI" and then your ROLI plugin of choice.
11. Click on the blue plugin slot in the plug-ins area to open the plugin window. You can now select a preset and start playing with your RISE 2.
In ROLI Dashboard, you can configure various settings for your RISE 2, such as the sensitivity of the keys and the LED lighting.
That's it! With these steps, you should be able to set up your RISE 2 with GarageBand on macOS. Happy creating!