The Seaboard RISE 2 can be used wirelessly by using a MIDI over Bluetooth connection. This article will walk you through how to connect the RISE 2 wirelessly using the Audio MIDI Setup on macOS.
How to connect the RISE 2 via Bluetooth (macOS)
Step 1: Turn on the RISE 2
- Unplug the Seaboard's USB cable and switch it on using the power/mode button.
- The power/mode button will flash blue – it is ready for Bluetooth pairing.
Step 2: Open MIDI Studio
- On your Mac, click the Spotlight icon (if shown) in the menu bar, press Command-Space bar, or press the Spotlight key (if available) in the row of function keys on the keyboard.
- Type 'Audio MIDI Setup' and hit Enter.
- From the menubar, click Window > Show MIDI Studio or use the keyboard shortcut Command-2
Step 3: Connect the RISE 2
1. Click the Bluetooth icon to open the Bluetooth Configuration window.
2. A smaller window will open showing that your Mac is scanning for MIDI Bluetooth devices. Once your RISE 2 is detected, click Connect.
3. Once connected, the button will change to 'Disconnect' and the RISE 2 will show as a MIDI device in the MIDI Studio window.
Step 4: Your RISE 2 is now connected via Bluetooth.
- Open Equator2 or your software of choice to start playing your new RISE 2!
To further configure your RISE 2's touch controls or for setting up in third-party software, check out Using ROLI Dashboard.