If a Control BLOCK has very old firmware version installed, you may see this message when trying to update it via Dashboard.
This can happen if the BLOCK was manufactured a long time ago (i.e. before ROLI Dashboard was made) and has not received regular firmware updates as they have been released.
This can be fixed by performing the update using a different method. The successful method for you will depend on the firmware version the BLOCK currently has installed.
Please try each method, in order, as shown below. If the method is unsuccessful, just move onto the next method until you have tried them all.
Method 1. Updating firmware in Dashboard via DNA of another BLOCK (macOS/Win)
- Download the BLOCKS control 1.1.0.syx firmware file at the bottom of the page to your computer.
- Connect your Control BLOCK to your computer by attaching it to the DNA connectors of another USB connected BLOCK.
- Open ROLI Dashboard.
- Click-and-drag the firmware file you downloaded onto the image of the Control BLOCK in Dashboard - the image of the Control BLOCK will turn green and the update will begin.
- The Control BLOCK will take about 30 seconds to update. When it is finished it will restart, which may take another 30 seconds. Make sure not to touch the BLOCK until it has fully completed restarting. It may appear to have turned off, but it should restart after several seconds.
- Close Dashboard, switch the BLOCK off and on again by holding the two buttons on the left on the top and bottom row.
If this does not work, the next option is to update the firmware using an iOS device, or over Bluetooth on a Mac computer.
Method 2. Update firmware via NOISE (iOS only)
Method 3. Update firmware in Dashboard via Bluetooth (macOS only)
If you have tried all the methods that you can, and the update was still unsuccessful, the BLOCK may need to be returned for a replacement. Please get in touch with our Support Team who will be more than happy to help you.