The LUMI Keys Studio Edition has powerful polyphonic pitch bending and polyphonic pressure/aftertouch abilities. These can be switched on or off, depending on the sound or software instrument you are using.
In ROLI Studio Player v1.2.3 and above, these features are built into the app.
For other MPE software instruments - like Equator2 or Cypher2 - the features can be activated in ROLI Dashboard (v4.4.0 and above).
Activating in ROLI Studio Player v1.2.3+
Make sure the LUMI's firmware has been updated to at least v.1.2.3 before proceeding. You can update the firmware in ROLI Dashboard.
In ROLI Studio Player v.1.2.3 and above, support for LUMI Keys Studio Editions' polyphonic pitch bend and pressure modulation abilities were introduced.
MPE presets are more tuned to MPE surfaces such as the Seaboard RISE/Seaboard BLOCK. Using these may work on your LUMI, but the sound may differ slightly. We recommend using Standard presets for your LUMI.
Standard presets in a number of soundpacks have been updated to support polyphonic pitch bending and pressure/aftertouch, with more presets being updated in the future.
Here's how to toggle pitch bend and pressure/aftertouch in ROLI Studio Player.
Step 1: Connect your LUMI and open ROLI Studio Player
- The new features will not be active until the LUMI is connected and switched on.
Step 2: Check Hardware Control
- Hardware Control will be enabled by default, and can be toggled using the power button (shown below).
- With this enabled, note configuration settings of your LUMI SE can be adjusted within ROLI Studio Player without requiring ROLI Dashboard.
Step 3: Open the Note Configuration menu
- Click the note icon in the bottom-right corner of the window:
Step 4: Enable LUMI Pitch Bend and LUMI Pressure
- Click the switches to toggle pitch bend and pressure/aftertouch on/off.
Activating using ROLI Dashboard v4.4.0+
ROLI Dashboard v4.4.0 and above allows you to configure pitch bend and pressure/aftertouch for using your LUMI with other software instruments.
Step 1: Connect your LUMI and open ROLI Dashboard
- Make sure Dashboard is updated to at least v.4.4.0 and your LUMI has at least firmware v.1.3.1. If it doesn't, click Updates and proceed as normal.
Step 2: Scroll across to Modes
- Click the Enable Pitch Bend and Enable Pressure boxes. Four distinct modes can be created and saved to the LUMI.
- To toggle between these modes, press the power button on the LUMI briefly.
Step 3: Apply the Mode to your LUMI
- Scroll back to Keybed State, under Active Mode select the Mode you want to use from the drop-down list.
For more information on LUMI and Dashboard, see Using LUMI Keys with ROLI Dashboard.