To start making music with your Seaboard RISE or GRAND, first download and install ROLI Dashboard and Equator from My ROLI.
1. Register your Seaboard
- Visit my.roli.com/register and create an account with a username and password of your choice.
- Once you have logged in, click "Register a product."
- Next, choose "Seaboard" as the product family.
- Now register your Seaboard using the Product Registration Code – found on the registration card inside the box along with the Quick Start Guide – and the hardware serial number, located on the bottom side of the RISE or the back of the GRAND.
- This will authorize your Seaboard and allow you to access ROLI Dashboard and Equator. ROLI Dashboard and Equator have four authorizations, so you may use them on up to 4 computers.
2. Download Equator and ROLI Dashboard
After registering your Seaboard, you will see the main page of My ROLI showing your registered products and the software available for download.
- Scroll down to "ROLI Equator" and then click on the appropriate link for your operating system. This will download Equator, the custom software synthesizer designed for the Seaboard's five dimensions of touch.
- Now under "ROLI Dashboard" click the link for your operating system. This will download ROLI Dashboard, which will allow you to set up your Seaboard RISE or GRAND with Equator or other synthesizers.
- Finally, beneath your Seaboard's registration you will see "Equator Extended Seaboard Library." Click the link for your operating system. This will download additional playlists and presets for Equator.
3. Install the software
- Once you have downloaded Equator, ROLI Dashboard, and the Equator Extended Library, you can begin the installation by double-clicking each installer in your downloads folder. The installer window will open automatically.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install each application. Click here if you have any difficulty opening an installer.
- You can close each installer when it tells you that the installation is complete. Once you've successfully finished the installation, your new software applications, Equator and ROLI Dashboard, will be found in your applications/programs folder.
4. Make Music Now
- Plug the Seaboard into your computer with the supplied USB cable and switch it on by pressing the circular button on the bottom left of the RISE or the power switch on the back of the GRAND.
- Open Equator from your applications/programs folder. The first time you do this you will need to enter the account username and password you created when signing up to My ROLI – this is the password you chose, not the registration code or hardware serial number. You will only need to do this once on each new computer.
- Now press the keywaves to start making music! Use the RISE's Preset Switch buttons or the GRAND's SoundDial to check out some more sounds right away.
- For more on using Equator click here.
- For more details on using ROLI Dashboard click here, and for guides on setting up with many popular synths and DAWs see this page, or simply search for the name of the particular instrument in the search box on this page.