Melodics is an application which adapts to your abilities and musical tastes to help you get better at finger drumming. Using the Lightpad Block with Melodics is as easy as plugging in your Block via USB and opening a lesson, without even having to map the controller!
Click here to see the minimum system requirements for using Melodics.
Step 1: Use ROLI promo code for extra lessons
- Visit the Melodics website to download and install Melodics on your computer
- Once you have installed Melodics, open it
- You can click on 'Skip Tour' in the top-right corner to go straight to the 'create an account' section
- Add the promo code 'ROLI-MELODICS' to unlock the extra 5 free lessons on top of the usual 20, here:
- Create a new account with Melodics. If you already have an account with Melodics, you can add the promo code by logging in, clicking on the menu (☰) in the top-left corner and going to 'Account'
Step 2: Using the Lightpad Block with Melodics
- Once you have successfully created or logged into your account, you will see the home page
- Connect your Lightpad Block to your computer via USB and switch it on
- Melodics uses the Lightpad Block's 4x4 grid, so press the Mode button on your Lightpad Block to change the surface into a 4x4 grid
- In Melodics, click on the menu (☰) in the top-left corner
- On the right side, you should see your Lightpad Block as a connected device
- There's no need to 'Remap your controller'. The Lightpad Block will be mapped automatically!
- Click on 'Lessons'. Select a lesson, hit 'Play'
"I already mapped my Lightpad Block and now it won't work with the lessons!"
If you have already mapped your Lightpad Block, all you need to do is:
- Connect your Lightpad Block to your computer via USB
- Click on the menu(☰) in the top-left corner and select 'Reset all mappings" and select 'OK'
- Now you can go to 'Lessons' and find the Lightpad Block automatically mapping itself to the selected lesson!
That's it! You are now ready to use your Lightpad Block with Melodics and learn how to finger-drum!