If you are experiencing issues with how your LUMI functions with software, these odd behaviours are often caused when the onboard firmware has been corrupted somehow. The easiest way to resolve this is by performing a reset of the firmware.
Please use the steps below to perform the reset and let us know if the issue persists.
How to reset the firmware
- Download the file to the latest firmware version attached to this article.
- For macOS Catalina or later users, you must save the file to this folder: Users/Shared due to permission changes in these OS updates.
- Ensure that you are running the latest version of ROLI Dashboard, and if needed download the latest version from ROLI Connect.
- Connect your LUMI by USB to your computer and switch it on.
- Open ROLI Dashboard from your applications folder, and make sure that all other MIDI applications (Cubase, Bitwig, Logic, Equator, etc.) are closed.
- Navigate to the file downloaded in step one and simply drag and drop it onto ROLI Dashboard's visualizer.
- The LUMI will take about 30 seconds to update. When it is finished it will restart, which may take another 30 seconds. Make sure not to touch the LUMI until it has fully completed restarting. It may appear to have turned off, but it should restart after several seconds.
- Close Dashboard, switch the LUMI off and on again.