The ROLI Hardware Driver is an application that runs in the background and helps ROLI software to manage your connected hardware. For ROLI Studio Player, it helps manage all the smart features and hardware integration, such as applying the correct scale or loading the controls for the Audio FX onto your Block.
In ROLI Dashboard, it is the main interface between your hardware and ROLI software, and it's important that ROLI Hardware Driver it is running for your devices to be recognised within ROLI Dashboard. As such, ROLI Dashboard requires the latest version of ROLI Hardware Driver to be running on your system.
If you're not sure if ROLI Hardware Driver is installed, please download and install the latest version of ROLI Connect, which will automatically install and launch ROLI Hardware Driver.
You can download ROLI Connect from the following links:
1. Check to see if ROLI Hardware Driver is already installed by heading to the following directory and checking for a file named ROLI Hardware Driver:
- Mac - Macintosh HD/Users/Applications (n.b. - this is not the usual Macintosh/Applications system folder)
- Windows - C:\Program Files\ROLI\ROLI Hardware Driver
3. If the ROLI Hardware Driver file does not exist in the location mentioned in step 1, please download and unzip the following file, and place it in the aforementioned location:
Please carefully follow the steps below, exactly as they are stated:
Resetting the ROLI Connect database for Windows 10
First, ensure that ROLI Hardware Driver is not running as a service by launching Task Manager and heading to the Services tab. If ROLI Hardware Driver is running, do not proceed with the below steps.
2. Open File Explorer and head to C:\rpkg
3. Delete the 'db' folder
4. Head to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\rpkg
5. Delete the 'db' folder
6. Install ROLI Connect again
7. Launch ROLI Connect and attempt to install ROLI Studio Player
Resetting the ROLI Connect database for MacOS
2. Hold Alt and select "Go -> Library" in the menubar at the top of the screen
4. Delete the 'db' folder
5. Select "Go" again from the menubar at the top of the screen
8. Delete the 'rpkg' folder
9. Install ROLI Connect again
10. Launch ROLI Connect and attempt to install ROLI Studio Player
If you experience any other issues with ROLI Hardware Driver, please speak to our support team.