The ROLI Hardware Driver is an application that runs in the background and helps ROLI software to manage your connected hardware. For ROLI Studio Player, it helps manage all the smart features and hardware integration, such as applying the correct scale or loading the controls for the Audio FX onto your Block.
In ROLI Dashboard, it is the main interface between your hardware and ROLI software, and it's important that ROLI Hardware Driver it is running for your devices to be recognised within ROLI Dashboard. As such, ROLI Dashboard requires the latest version of ROLI Hardware Driver to be running on your system.
If you're not sure if ROLI Hardware Driver is installed, please download and install the latest version of ROLI Connect, which will automatically install and launch ROLI Hardware Driver.
You can download ROLI Connect from the following links:
"Unable to start the ROLI Hardware Driver" error
This should be resolvable by removing Connect, then installing and running Connect 1.0.18 (minimum) as an administrator. Please follow the steps below carefully and let me know if this resolves the issue.
1. Open "Add or Remove Programs" and uninstall all versions of ROLI Connect and ROLI Dashboard currently installed.
2. If an application remains, uninstall it and remove all records from the registry using Ccleaner (free version) or similar.
3. Download a new installer from here: roli.com/start
4. Right-click on the installer icon
5. Go to Properties > Compatibility
7. Select "Run this program as an Administrator"
8. After Connect is installed, right-click on the application icon and make sure it is also set to "Run this program as an administrator"
9. Restart your computer
If you experience any other issues with ROLI Hardware Driver, please speak to our support team.