If you encounter errors with content like ‘Drum not found’ messages or yellow warning triangle icons:
- First, please ensure that you have followed the instructions in the Download and Installation Steps solution. This will install the BFD3 Core Library folder, which is around 55GB in size.
- We recommend that the BFD3 Core Library is installed on an external hard drive, ideally at the top level and not enclosed in any other folder.
- If the BFD3 Core Library is installed on your system hard drive, please make sure that it is located at the top level of your Documents folder and not enclosed in any other folder.
- In BFD3 head to ‘Tools > Set up content locations…’ and click ‘Search Folders’ and locate your Documents folder or ‘Search Drives’ if the content is on your external hard drive. This should scan and activate the content.
- If you’d like to move the BFD3 Core Library folder, please click ‘Remove All Content Paths’ and quit BFD3. Once you have moved it to the required location, in BFD3 head to ‘Tools > Set up content locations…’ and search the folder or drive to activate the new path.