ROLI Dashboard is a desktop application that allows easy integration between the Seaboard RISE, GRAND, and BLOCKS and your DAWs, plug-ins, and hardware instruments.
Step 1: Download ROLI Dashboard
To download ROLI Dashboard, login to your My ROLI account with your NOISE or My ROLI account details.
If you have a NOISE account, you will already have a My ROLI Account.
- Login with your NOISE or My ROLI account’s email address and password
- Below "ROLI Dashboard" click on the operating system you are using
Why if I don't see ROLI Dashboard on my My ROLI account?
If you own a Block or Seaboard and cannot see ROLI Dashboard on your My ROLI account, it could be because you haven’t registered your instrument. You can register in two ways:
Register on My ROLI (Blocks, Seaboard RISE, and Seaboard GRAND)
- Once you login to My ROLI, click on “Register a Product” → “BLOCKS” or “Seaboard RISE/GRAND“
- Enter your instrument's Serial Number into the box and (for RISE and GRAND only) Product Registration Code and click on “Register”
- Repeat this process for each ROLI instrument you own
Register in NOISE (Blocks only)
- Connect your Block to NOISE via Bluetooth
- Once your Block is connected, click on the settings cog in the top corner and click on “Register Block”
Step 2: Install ROLI Dashboard
- Open the installer from your downloads folder and run it (click here if you have any issues opening the installer)
- Open ROLI Dashboard from your applications folder
Step 3: Connect and update the firmware
If you're using Blocks, your Blocks will require the latest firmware to be used with ROLI Dashboard. You can update to this firmware in ROLI Dashboard or in NOISE.
- Ensure that your NOISE app is updated to the latest version.
- Connect one Block to NOISE via Bluetooth. Do not connect multiple Blocks yet.
- Once you have connected the Block, go to the menu in the top-right corner and select 'Update Firmware'.
- If your Block is below firmware version 0.1.12, you will need to update your Block twice: first to firmware 0.1.12 and then to the latest version.
- Once the firmware is updated, disconnect that Block and repeat steps 1 to 3 for each Block individually.
- Connect one Block to your computer via USB (Windows/MacOS) or MIDI-over-Bluetooth (MacOS only). Do not connect multiple Blocks yet.
- ROLI Dashboard will advise you to update your Block’s firmware. This will make the Block compatible with Dashboard.
- Once the firmware is updated, disconnect that Block and repeat steps 1 and 2 for each Block individually.
- Finally, it’s important to update your NOISE app to the latest software version for compatibility with your newly updated BLOCKS.
Windows and BLOCKS
ROLI Dashboard works with devices running Windows 7 and above. Some Blocks running older firmware versions may need to have their firmware updated prior to using them with BLOCKS Dashboard on Windows. Creators who plan to use ROLI Dashboard with the Windows operating system may need to update their Blocks via a MacOS device or a compatible mobile device prior to using it with their PC.
Once you have successfully updated your Block's firmware, simply connect your Block via your USB 3 port to your Windows system and switch it on. ROLI Dashboard should recognize your Block.