If you're experiencing unexpected behavior from your Seaboard RISE, it's a good idea to first test it with Equator in standalone mode, ensuring that you have set Equator and your RISE up according to the instructions in this article. Also, you'll want to make sure you understand the modes of the RISE's Touch Faders.
Once your RISE and Equator are set up correctly, an unexpected response from your RISE may indicate that its firmware is corrupted and should be reset.
How to reset the Seaboard RISE's firmware
- Download the latest firmware version attached below.
- Ensure that you are running the latest version of ROLI Dashboard, and if needed download the latest version from My ROLI.
- Connect your Seaboard RISE by USB to your computer and switch it on.
- Open ROLI Dashboard from your applications folder, and make sure that all other MIDI applications (e.g., Cubase, Bitwig, Logic, Equator, etc.) are closed.
- Navigate to the file downloaded in step one and simply drag and drop it onto ROLI Dashboard's visualizer.
- The RISE will take about 30 seconds to update. When it is finished it will restart, which may take another 30 seconds. Make sure not to touch the RISE until it has fully completed restarting. It may appear to have turned off, but it should restart after several seconds.
- Close ROLI Dashboard, and switch the RISE off and then on again.
Resetting your RISE's firmware should resolve any unexpected behavior. If after resetting the firmware you have any questions, please contact our support team here.