Start a new topic

Can't get Logic to see my Lightpad Block in MIDI Environment in Logic

Hey all, 

I'm a brand new Blocks Studio Edition owner, and I've searched the support database for help with this and I can't find anything (I apologize in advance if this has been covered multiple times). 

I'm trying to get my Lightpad block set up to play on a second instrument track (so I can use the lightpad to play a bass or a drum track, while using the Seaboard for a keyboard track). 

I know I need to use the Midi Environment editor in logic, but I can't seem to find any way to get Logic to see the Lightpad block, in the Midi Environment window, per the instructions here: 

https://support.roli.com/support/solutions/articles/36000052250-playing-different-sounds-with-multiple-roli-instruments

No matter what I do (I've restarted both the Seaboard and the Lightpad blocks several times, and I've tried unloading and reloading the Note Grid app several times), I can't get the Midi Environment window to show the Lightpad block, as shown in the instructions there. (See the attached screenshot.) I know that my Mac is seeing the Lightpad as a MIDI input, as I can play notes on it with the Note Grid app loaded. 

Again, I apologize if this is a newbie question that's been covered already, and thanks in advance. 

1 person has this question
Login to post a comment