Start a new topic
Answered

What ROLI software is presently incompatible with MacOS 10.15 Catalina?

I understand we need to patient; that's fine. But is everything incompatible?

What will or will not work with Catalina? For example, if it's only Equator that won't work, then that's not ideal, but it's also not a dealbreaker for updating the OS.

But if it's the case that connect or dashboard won't work, or MIDI is broken, then I'd definitely wait to update.

Thanks!

Best Answer

Hi Veronica,

All ROLI software is now compatible with Catalina, and has been for some time. BFD3 is the last remaining FXpansion product that needs to be updated, and we will be releasing this build in the coming weeks, but all other ROLI and FXpansion software is fully Catalina compatible.

Thanks

2 people have this question

Hi KM,

From our testing, when performing a fresh install on Catalina, you should be able to install and use all ROLI software, though you will need to follow the workaround described here - https://support.roli.com/support/discussions/topics/36000012947

FXpansion products are more effected, with BFD3, BFD Expansions and BFD Groovepacks all requiring installer updates, and are currently incompatible. Geist2 also requires an update, but the installation can proceed with a workaround.

Hope that helps - Please bear in mind that while ROLI software should install with the workaround above, Catalina is not currently supported so we can't guarantee this.

All apps and installers of current products will be fully updated to ensure they are Catalina compatible, and install without the need for workarounds.

Thanks,

Marcus

3 people like this

I am so disappointed.  It took me a while to save for my Roli Seaboard Rise 49.  I am going to have to sell it because I cannot use it with Catalina. I think you all need to keep up to date with the software.  I am sorry, but it is just not acceptable because I wanted to really learn this.  Why hold on to equipment you cannot use?  I am so upset.  

Answer

Hi Veronica,

All ROLI software is now compatible with Catalina, and has been for some time. BFD3 is the last remaining FXpansion product that needs to be updated, and we will be releasing this build in the coming weeks, but all other ROLI and FXpansion software is fully Catalina compatible.

Thanks

Login to post a comment