Start a new topic

ROLI Connect: Install Studio Player Problem

Attempt to install ROLI Studio Player results in message: Unable to start ROLI Hardware Driver

90 people have this problem

Andrii Maryash

1,Open Finder

2, Press Command+Shift+G to open the dialogue box

3, Input /var/db/ 

I am running MAC OS 10.15.1 (19B88) and am having problems installing Roli Connect. I am continuously getting the following error: 

I have seen the issue reported above and have tried al of the various fixes, but nothing is working. Can anyone offer a solution? 

Thanks much!

Hi Jackin, it's likely that you're running macOS Catalina. If this is the case, please head to System Preferences -> Security, where you can grant permission for ROLI Connect to install. Once this is complete, please run the ROLI Connect installer again, which should cause an "Open" button to appear when the error next appears. Clicking "Open" will launch ROLI Connect.

I'm running windows 7 and connect installs but it goes invisible, the icon and the app is invisible but is clickable (installed on win 10 as well so I found out how it look)..  is it meant to run win7 at all - is it my graphics drivers maybe? - BTW just connected to the other win 10 laptop via teamviewer and it shows the same invisible screen - and now I'm guessing cause the graphics driver changes when you use teamview.. 

Other than that the win 10 installation laptop roli studio player just says installing - two days now.. restarted and all no change..  drums also .. no luck.. 

Also can't we choose the directory to where it installs .. 

Also - why not just give us the installation files or a way to manually download and install of of those things.. 

The vst from cypher and strobe works fine on reaper - btw great that it runs reaper - I just got the songmaker kit - and runs fine with the cable - any news on the bluetooth compatibility - other than running midiberry thing and the midiloop.. 

- and a final question/request on garageband ios - is there a way to use the + - to actually change the next instrument - also the same with the cypher vst - I'd rather use it to change to next instrument ..

Oh yeah the ios noise app doesn't run - just shows the splash screen 10-15 sec and close - sent in that into a report thing ..

Anyway. nice product, inspiring to create stuff with it - just resolve issues ..

Oh another thing happened when I updated to latest things - the controler block started flashing when I used the usb cable on my laptop and charged it from there - when not connected was fine, then after reseting the devices a few times and running ios apps it was fine .. so using and fiddling with it accidentally fixed it .. just a note about that .. 

I have tried those steps but I am unable to get it to work and now it wont let me reinstall . Even after a full uninstall and wipe of anything Roli related. I try to open the vst and you can see the included screen shot that when go to activate Roli connect opens and gives the error message seen. it was fine before 1.10 now its severely broken. 

Geth Desroches thank you very much, your way works, I recommend it

@daniel williams did you fix it?

This worked for me.

Resetting the ROLI Connect database for MacOS

First, ensure that ROLI Hardware Driver is not running as a process by launching Activity Monitor and typing ROLI into the search bar in the top-right of the window. If ROLI Hardware Driver is running, do not proceed with below steps

Then:

1. Quit ROLI Connect and open a Finder window
2. Hold Alt and select "Go -> Library" in the menubar at the top of the screen
3. Navigate to /Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/rpkg
4. Delete the 'db' folder
5. Select "Go" again from the menubar at the top of the screen
6. Select "Go to Folder..."
7. Copy and paste the following into the search bar: /var/db
8. Delete the 'rpkg' folder
9. Launch ROLI Connect and attempt to install ROLI Studio Player

No solution. Not that I'm aware of. After spending a thousand dollars, and finding out it doesnt work on Windows or Androids, it's such a waste. Now I have to wait until I can spend another 2 grand on a MacBook. Btw, I do have a MacBook air but it doesn't respond as well on that on Bluetooth either.

This solution worked for me - Thanks

“First, ensure that ROLI Hardware Driver is not running as a service by launching Task Manager and heading to the Services tab. If ROLI Hardware Driver is running, do not proceed with below steps.” This is the most important part! If u stop the service before delete the db folders, the fix works!

Thanks for answering! I'll surely update my OS

Login to post a comment