Start a new topic
Answered

Which one to choose

Hi, i want to buy a roli for my son. He is 13 years old and  he plays piano  and study music in a music high school. He is excited with the capabilities of the roli and he decided that it is a must have one!
I want a little help from you, the people who knows it better which selection must i do?  The "Songmaker Kit GarageBand Edition" or the little more expensive "Roli Seaboard Rise 25"?
i'm not sure what is better. Can you please help me? Any other remark it is most welcome. 

Thank you.

Best Answer

Hi Vasilis,

I'd be happy to clarify here.

The RISE has larger keywaves with Touch Faders, an XY Touchpad built-in. One of the key differences when comparing the devices, is that the RISE comes with a pedal input and the Seaboard Block does not. So if you're used to having a pedal for sustain or expression - this may be the deciding factor! The full version of Equator and Strobe2 is also included with the RISE. While the Songmaker Kit is the most portable option, the Seaboard RISE 25 is a great size and not heavy at all if you need to take it places. 

BLOCKS are designed to be modular and portable, which means that you could buy additional BLOCKS later on to create a custom setup, as all BLOCKS link together with our patented DNA connectors. The Lightpad offers capabilities that the RISE/ Seaboard Block do not, as it features an LED matrix display, and allows you to load various different modes onto it, from a note grid that will display different scales, which can be a great compositional tool, especially for those just starting out, to a drum pad template for finger drumming. The Songmaker kit comes with the full version of Equator, as well as Ableton Live Lite, Tracktion Waveform, Cypher2 Player, and Strobe2 Player.

Here's an article that goes into some of the differences between the Seaboard Block and the RISE in more detail: https://support.roli.com/support/solutions/articles/36000019186-seaboard-block-and-rise-compared

Both products have their own strengths. Essentially, in terms of versatility, the Songmaker kit has probably has a slight edge over the RISE, but if you are primarily looking for a full sized keyboard controller for use at home, the RISE would be the more appropriate option. 

I hope this helps, if you have any other questions just let me know.

Kind regards,

Marcus | Creator Support Agent

Answer

Hi Vasilis,

I'd be happy to clarify here.

The RISE has larger keywaves with Touch Faders, an XY Touchpad built-in. One of the key differences when comparing the devices, is that the RISE comes with a pedal input and the Seaboard Block does not. So if you're used to having a pedal for sustain or expression - this may be the deciding factor! The full version of Equator and Strobe2 is also included with the RISE. While the Songmaker Kit is the most portable option, the Seaboard RISE 25 is a great size and not heavy at all if you need to take it places. 

BLOCKS are designed to be modular and portable, which means that you could buy additional BLOCKS later on to create a custom setup, as all BLOCKS link together with our patented DNA connectors. The Lightpad offers capabilities that the RISE/ Seaboard Block do not, as it features an LED matrix display, and allows you to load various different modes onto it, from a note grid that will display different scales, which can be a great compositional tool, especially for those just starting out, to a drum pad template for finger drumming. The Songmaker kit comes with the full version of Equator, as well as Ableton Live Lite, Tracktion Waveform, Cypher2 Player, and Strobe2 Player.

Here's an article that goes into some of the differences between the Seaboard Block and the RISE in more detail: https://support.roli.com/support/solutions/articles/36000019186-seaboard-block-and-rise-compared

Both products have their own strengths. Essentially, in terms of versatility, the Songmaker kit has probably has a slight edge over the RISE, but if you are primarily looking for a full sized keyboard controller for use at home, the RISE would be the more appropriate option. 

I hope this helps, if you have any other questions just let me know.

Kind regards,

Marcus | Creator Support Agent

2 people like this

Thank you very much for the quick response of you! It was realy helpful.

Login to post a comment